Let us take some of the guesswork out of our product pairings. Here is a great place to start on how to creatively use our products.
WINE & CHEESE
We would like to thank Alain Canuel from Pidgin for helping us pair our preserves with these stunning wines.
JONI’S HABANERO PEPPER JELLY
Our habanero pepper jelly is made with a blend of fresh organic habanero and red bell peppers, the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
- Style: sweet aromatic and lower in alcohol
- Varietal: Muscat
- Quady Essensia Orange Muscat
- Style: sweet and expressive
- Varietal: Lambrusco
- Lambrusco Medici Ermete Concerto
- Triple cream
STRAWBERRY WHITE BALSAMIC BLACK PEPPER
We took the sweetness of ripe strawberries and combined it with the tang of white balsamic vinegar, finished with a spicy kick of black pepper.
- Style: light, refreshing, and fruity
- Varietal: Gruner Veltliner
- Domaine Wachau Terraces, Austria
- Style: full, fruity, spicy
- Varietal: Shiraz
- Chapel Hill, McLaren Vale, Australia
- Sharp cheddar
BLUEBERRY LEMON THYME
We captured the sweet notes of organic blueberries and combined them with the savoury taste of fresh thyme, rounded off with lemon juice and lemon zest to add a bright burst of acidity.
- Style: aromatic, fruity, forward and expressive
- Varietal suggestion; Gewurztraminer
- Dirty Laundry Woo Woo
- Style: medium to full body, savoury high acidity
- Varietal: Tempranillo
- Pasquera Crianza
We took the complex flavours of cardamom to elevate the tartness of raspberries for an elegant, aromatic pairing.
- Style: fresh with high acid and some sweetness
- Varietal: Riesling
- Selbach Oster Riesling Spatlese
- Style: light to medium body with spice aromas and good acidity
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- La Crema Pinot Noir
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Cream cheese
Don’t pigeonhole our ingredients to their normal uses. Here are some ideas to get your creative culinary juices flowing.
Joni’s Habanero Pepper Jelly
While pepper jelly and cheese are a match made in heaven, don’t let that be where your use of Joni’s Habanero Pepper Jelly ends. Here are just a few ways you can work it into your everyday cooking routine.
- Add to your cheese and charcuterie platter.
- Use it as a glaze on pork dishes
- It’s brilliant in a brie panini
- Add a spicy kick to your next marinade by adding in a couple of tablespoons
- Hello, spicy peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This PB&J is for adults only!
- Spike a Monte Cristo sandwich with a smear of pepper jelly
- Filo baked brie and red pepper jelly
- Kick up your next meatballs or meatloaf with a sweet and spicy kick
- Mediterranean turkey burgers with a spicy sweet kick
- Sweet and sour pork
- Spiced-up marinades
- Spiced-up vinegarette
- Drunken salmon with bourbon and pepper jelly glaze
Organic Loose Tea
While our teas are amazing for sipping on solo, you can also infuse them into your meals.
- Does your smoothie call for ice to be blended in? Replace those ice cubes with frozen cubes of tea. Brew your fave blend strongly, so it can hold up to all of the produce you’ll blend in. Our tea’s subtle sweetness and natural astringency adds a complex bite to smoothies while keeping the focus on the fruits and vegetables.
- Use our Energy, Digest, Pu’ehr Detox or Awake tea blends for fruit smoothies
- Try our Cleanse or Balance tea blends for vegetable based smoothies
- Tea cookies: use our Awake or Energy tea blends in your cookie recipe. Grind the loose tea leaves into a fine powder so it incorporates well into the dough. A tablespoon or two of the ground tea is enough to subtly flavour a batch of shortbread cookies. The darker tea will amplify the cookies’ buttery quality while adding a bittersweet tannic, fruity, and roasted qualities.
- Cleanse tea chicken noodle soup. Add a tablespoon or two of the loose tea leaves into your chicken or vegetable stock and simmer until the leaves are tender, to add subtle tea flavours to your soup.
- Awake tea oatmeal. Steep our Awake tea blend in scalded milk for 15-minutes before straining out the leaves. Prepare your oatmeal as you normally do with the tea infused milk.
- Tea Ice Cream. Steep your favourite Grown Here Farms organic loose tea blend in hot dairy (or non-dairy creamer) for an hour or two, then strain and prepare your ice cream as usual.
- Tea Cocktails. Try steeping your favourite booze to add a tea punch to your next cocktail. We’re in love with Pu’ehr Detox Old Fashioned and Balance gin punch. The only thing limiting the options is your creativity.
Organic Microgreen Salad Blends
While we love our Main Street Mix and West End Blend as the star in a nutrient dense salad, their usefulness and versatility don’t’ end there. Here are a few other ways you can add some pop to your meals.
- Top your flatbread with a handful of Main Street Mix to add a spicy flare to your meal
Move over avocado on toast (don’t worry, we still love you), hello Squash and Ricotta Toast topped with West End Blend
- Mix in a large handful of West End Blend to add a punch of nutrients to your morning smoothie
- Skip the lettuce and replace with microgreens on your sandwiches and burgers
- Sprinkle our West End Blend on the top of your fish dish for a hit of flavour and a pop of colour
- Stir in our Main Street Mix to your soup as you are about to serve it as a garnish
- Wake up your Sunday brunch and top your egg dish with a generous serving of your favourite blend